Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Packard meeting 2008

I'm in Park City for my last annual meeting as a Packard Fellow. As I've said before, I can't speak highly enough of the Packard Foundation. Their support has jumpstarted or otherwise contributed to pretty much my entire research program, and through their annual meetings I've gotten to know meet some fascinating people and hear excellent talks in the sciences, mathematics, and engineering. This is a particularly special meeting because it's the 20th anniversary of the Packard fellowship program, and they've invited back all the previous fellows. I'll try to post some highlights over the next few days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.packard.org/home.aspx
(picure and caption cycle)

"in India today there are 62 million boys below the age of five, which is more than the total population of France."

With all due respect to kind words and sincere charity, if stupidity got us into this mess then more stupidity will not get us out. Fund the future you want not the future you loathe.

vintage bracelets said...

I found 2007 meeting good for some of the aspects. In that meeting, one of the major point was executed and that was about "microbes". They said.. Lots of microbes live as biofilms on the ocean floor via chemical energy gained from the decomposition of basaltic rock.