Sunday, March 05, 2023

APS March Meeting 2023 - coming soon

I will be attending the 2023 APS March Meeting in Las Vegas this week.  I will do my best to try to report on some highlights daily, though that may be more challenging than usual for me this time around (looming proposal deadline that I suspect all of my condensed matter faculty readers know about, plus some teaching-related work).  This is the first APS meeting in Las Vegas since 1986, when (according to legend) the APS was invited not to come back.  (Sorry for the web archive link - it would appear that the old PhysicsCentral content from APS is not online anywhere easily searchable.)  I'll be giving an invited talk on Tuesday which should be fun.  If people have suggestions of particular exciting sessions, please add them in the comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is another talk on room temperature superconductivity. K20-00002, Tuesday 3.12 pm

For whatever that is worth after the nature retraction

Anonymous said...

There is another paper from the same group coming out in Nature this week. Meanwhile, there are all sorts of stories related to odd-practices, strange data, Phd thesis issues, multi-million doller spinouts etc floating about...

This is not good for condensed matter.

Pizza Perusing Physicist said...

Not good for science in general, I’d say.

newmehndi.com said...


New Mehndi Designs best shot of her life; be it an Indian Full Hand Bridal Mehndi or be it a bride from a different country.