Tuesday, December 29, 2015

APS elections - reminder

Sorry for the year-end lull in posting.  Work-related writing is taking a lot of my time right now, though I will be posting a few things soon.

In the meantime, a reminder to my APS colleagues:  The APS divisional elections are going on right now, ending on January 4.  The Division of Condensed Matter Physics and the Division of Materials Physics are both holding elections, and unfortunately there were some problems with the distributions of the electronic ballots, particularly to people with ".edu" email addresses.  These issues have been resolved and reminders sent, but if you are a member of DCMP or DMP and have not received your ballots electronically, I urge you to contact the respective secretary/treasurers (linked from the governance sections of the division webpages).   (Full disclosure:  I'm a candidate for a DCMP "member-at-large" position.)

2 comments:

Igor said...

Congrats on being elected!

Douglas Natelson said...

Thanks very much! Behold my vast mantle of power. Or not. :-)