Friday, April 24, 2009

Random favor....

I use the free version of google analytics to do some simple tracking of page views, etc. on both this blog and on my group webpage, just for fun. For some strange reason, the little javascript doodad that allows google to track hits works just fine on all of my group-related pages (like this one and this one), but fails on my publications page. If someone out there with greater expertise or sharper eyes than me could take a look at the html source and explain to me what's wrong with my publications page, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks. UPDATE: Thanks - all fixed, I think. Behold the power of teh intarwebs.

4 comments:

mike said...

Hello,
In looking at the source code on your pubs page, the script tag that loads the urchin javascript should be urchin.js not urchin.htm

At least that's the difference I see between your pubs page and the other pages.

I enjoy your blog. Thanks.
-mike

Douglas Natelson said...

Thanks! I can't believe that I didn't notice that....

Uncle Al said...

It helps to have code look at code (unless it is a Microcap compiler - use Borland),

http://validator.w3.org/#validate-by-upload

DanM said...

Damn, and I was gonna blame the internet gnomes.